What if readers could design covers of books they have loved? Or illustrate characters and settings they fondly recall from the pages they have read? Better still, what if they allow their imagination to graphically represent books not yet written?
If these readers happen to be children, we can only expect to see magic unfold. At an art competition designed to bring out the best of their creativity.
An art competition where participants can draw any of the following:
* Book Covers: They can recreate those of existing books or come up with one entirely of their own.
* Characters and Settings: Illustrate any characters, situations, settings, events etc. they have read about it any book. They can give their own interpretation or improvisation and need not just reflect what was described.
The competition will be held for the following age groups:
* Under 5: They need not follow the theme above. They can draw anything.
* Ages 5-7
* Ages 8-10
* Ages 11-13
* The top 3 in each category will be awarded a certificate and surprise gifts.
* All meritorious entries will be awarded a certificate each.
* Competition will open on August 20, 2022 and run through till September 24, 2022.
* Winners will be announced not later than September 30, 2022.
WHERE AND HOW
* Participants will be required to come to a Kunzum outlet and draw on the spot only. They can come during opening hours on any of the dates from start to end of the competition. If they cannot finish in a single session, they can leave their artworks at the store and return any number of times till they complete it. Locations and timings at: https://kunzum.com/bookshops.
* Kunzum will provide limited quantities of art sheets, colour pencils, poster paints and brushes, and crayons. Participants are free to bring any additional drawing materials; there is no restriction of what they may use. Ensure sheets are stamped / signed by our staff while still blank.
* There is no entry fee.
* Each participant may submit up to three entries.
* For the purpose of category, age on August 19, 2022 will be considered. For example: If one turned 10 on June 5, 2022, then they may participate in the ages 8-10 category.
* The decision of the jury will be final and binding.
* All submissions will become the property of Kunzum and may be used by them for any purpose whatsoever including for promotions and editorial purposes.