Kunzum is going to the Sundarbans. Where tigers camouflage in the largest mangrove forests in the world. Where these big cats track your movements rather than you theirs. Cruise in the saltwater bodies, say hello to birds in their nests, spot the rich wildlife of the region, have meals and dance with the aboriginals, witness local folk drama and more – in what is still mostly a raw natural setting.
That’s the Sundarbans for you in eastern India – join our trip led by Ajay Jain, travel writer and photographer. From March 1 – 5, 2019.
OVERVIEW: 5 DAYS / 4 NIGHTS
Be prepared to spend a few days in the lap of nature at the ‘Sunderban Tiger Camp’ in Dayapur, an island village in the Sundarban National Park area. Away from television, Internet and even your phone at times, you will be close the elements managing with limited electric and freshwater supply.
HIGHLIGHTS (SCROLL FOR DETAILED ITINERARY)
* Wildlife Cruise Safari: The beauty of the Sundarban National Park can only be experienced by embarking on a boat safari, hopping island to island. Our boatmen and the forest guides navigate their way through creeks and rivers and stop at designated watch towers offering the best opportunity to catch a glimpse of the local flora, fauna, avifauna and reptiles.
* Jatirampur: Visit this bird nesting spot near the village.
* Adivasi Village Visit: Meet the aboriginals of the region, witness their tribal dances and even have a meal there under the starry skies. Get a sense of their lifestyle, crafts, cuisines, habitats and marvel how villagers co-exist with tigers in dangerous proximity.
* Boat Safari to Netidhopani Watch Tower: Located deep within the tiger reserve, it is a great vantage point for views around. The 300-year old temple of ‘Bono Bibi’, considered the Forest Goddess and worshipped by all villagers, is also located here.
* Boat Safari to the Buridabari Watch Tower: One of the most intriguing parts of the forest, you will spend a full day on the boat travelling from the Indian side to the Bangladeshi side the Sunderbans.
* Local Rural Theatre: Witness the Bonobibi Yatra performed by local actors in their native language Bengali.
* Boat Safari to Sudhanyakhali Watch Tower, another stunning vantage point.
* Meals in Exotic Settings: In villages, in the boats – including sundowners.
EARLY BIRD (TILL JANUARY 15, 2019)
Club Kunzum Regular Members: Rs. 32,000
Club Kunzum Coral / Life Members: Rs. 31,000
Non Members: Rs. 33,000
REGULAR PRICE (AFTER JANUARY 15, 2019)
Club Kunzum Regular Members: Rs. 34,000
Club Kunzum Coral / Life Members: Rs. 33,000
Non Members: Rs. 35,000
** Coral / Life members may pay in part by Kunzum currency subject to a maximum of Rs. 3,000 per person. Membership details at clubkunzum.com.
** Additional GST 5% will apply to the above rates. Travel to and back from Kolkata Airport is not included.
GETTING TO AND FRO FROM KOLKATA AIRPORT
We will all meet at Kolkata airport on the morning of Day 1 and depart from there. You will be dropped back to the airport in the evening of Day 5. You may make suitable travel arrangements at your own cost.
All costs above are per person on a twin sharing basis. Single supplement is Rs. 20,000 per head.
NO DISCOUNTS PLEASE!!
Please don’t embarrass us by asking for discounts on the above pricing. We cannot curate a memorable experience by cutting on prices. What we promise is that you will discover a new way to travel with Kunzum – and would want to do so again and again.
* Accommodation for 4 nights and 5 days on a twin-sharing basis.
* All activities listed above including entry charges.
* Transportation to Sundarbans and back to Kolkata airport in AC coaches.
* Boat cruises.
* Meals: 4 Breakfast, 5 Lunches, 4 Dinners, Tea / Coffee.
* Travel to and from Kolkata airport from your city of residence.
* Soft beverages, mineral water, alcoholic beverages, additional meals etc.
* Activities not included in above.
* Fees for video and still cameras as charged by authorities.
* Travel insurance (not mandatory, but recommended)* Gratuity for staff and guides.
* Shopping and other expenses of personal nature.
* Any other item not mentioned above.
Kunzum Travel Café
T-49, Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi 110016
A40, Kibithu Villas Complex
Opposite Good Earth City Centre / Hilton Garden Inn Baani Square
Gurgaon 122018, Haryana
Mobile: +91.9650 702 777 / +91.99100 44476
Timings: 11:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.; Mondays Closed
PAYMENT & TERMS
* You can secure a spot with an advance payment of Rs. 20,000. Balance must be paid latest by February 15, 2019.
* We will not be able to offer any refunds for cancellations. However, you are free to nominate someone to take your place or even resell your booking.
You can register by paying the requisite fee as follows:
* Cheque favouring ‘Kunzum Ventures Pvt. Ltd.’
* Online: https://www.payumoney.com/events/#/buyTickets/sundarbans
* Bank transfer (request for account information)
Pick-up from Kolkata airport in the morning around 10:00 a.m. and travel to the Sunderban Tiger Camp. The journey will take about 3 hours by road and another 2 hours in the boat. Some activities in the evening.
Activities mentioned above.
Morning boat safari followed by transfer to Kolkata airport.