Christmas is a time to make merry – and Kunzum has put together something special in the artistic and historical region of Shekhawati in Rajasthan.
You will stay in the stunning Surajgarh Fort surrounded by beautiful landscapes, a fort on a hill, an ancient stepwell, and vibrant villages. Activities will include art, pottery, bangle-making and kite-flying for not only children but adults too. And loads of food, drinks and music over bonfires under chilly, starry nights.
ACTIVITIES / ITINERARY
7:00 a.m.: Leave Delhi / Gurgaon for Shekhawati in the Kunzum Travel Truck or in your personal transport
10:00 a.m.: Brunch on the way
1:00 p.m.: Reach Surajgarh Fort
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Check-in, freshen up and lunch
3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Option to explore a bit of Surajgarh and to go to nearby fort for sundowner. You can also interact with a potter, bangle-makers, kite makers and artists specializing in Shekhawati art.
7:00 – 11:00 p.m.: Bonfire dinner with entertainment by local Rajasthani singers at the local stepwell or in Surajgarh Fort itself.
7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.: Breakfast for those going for tour of Shekhawati. Others may have breakfast at leisure.
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Full day guided sightseeing tour of Shekhawati region known for its bazaars, havelis with frescos and exquisite woodwork, stepwells, temples, forts and other historical buildings. [This is optional at an extra charge]. Those not going may spend day at leisure or explore on their own. They can also interact with a potter, bangle-makers, kite makers and artists specializing in Shekhawati art.
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Lunch for those at Surajgarh Fort
4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.: Go for sundowner if you missed it on previous day and / or walk around villages and fields in the vicinity
7:00 – 11:00 p.m.: Bonfire dinner with entertainment by a local DJ
Have breakfast at leisure, opt to explore Shekhawati and return when one wants to.
Start making plans for the New Year’s eve.
The Shekhawati region is a collection of towns and villages in Rajasthan, and about a five hours drive from Delhi. These towns are known for their old havelis (bungalows) with frescos, historical monuments and bazaars. The region is the ancestral home of many a Marwari and Bania families, known for their sharp business acumen, who invested in the art and architecture in the area.
ESSENTIAL TRIP INFORMATION
* Dates: December 23 – 25, 2017 (2 Nights / 3 Days)
* Accommodation: Surajgarh Fort
* Travel: In the Kunzum Travel Truck, a 9-seater luxury van. The distance of about 250kms from Delhi will be covered in about six hours. Option to go in your own vehicles.
* Deluxe Room: Rs. 20,000
* Suite Room: Rs. 22,000
* Early Bird Discount: Rs. 2,000 if booked by September 30, 2017
* Club Kunzum Member Rate: Deluxe Room – Rs. 19,000 / Suite Room – Rs. 21,000
* Children under 5: No extra charge if sharing bed with adults.
* Anyone over 5 years age sharing room with extra bed: Rs. 9,000 per person
* Accommodation for two adults for 2 Nights / 3 Days at Surajgarh Fort. Extra persons sharing room given above.
* Meals: Breakfast x 2, Lunch x 2, Dinner x 2 for two people
* Non Alcoholic Welcome Drinks on arrival
* Dinner over bonfire and Rajasthani music on Dec 23
* Dinner over bonfire and music by local DJ on Dec 24
* Complimentary Tea / Coffee maker in the room
* Interactions with local bangle makers, potters and kite makers
* 2 Bottles of Mineral Water per room per day
* Use of swimming pool
* All taxes
* Full day sightseeing tour of different towns of Shekhawati in the luxury Kunzum Travel Truck at Rs. 2,000 per person (subject to a minimum of 6 people). Children to be charged the same if they occupy a seat. Lunch will have to be paid for directly by guests on this day if they are having during the tour. Guests would be recommended suitable places and they may pay directly.
* Interaction and lessons by artist specializing in Shekhawati art: Rs. 1,000 per person including children (subject to minimum 4 guests)
* Camel Cart Ride: Rs. 400 per person including children. Each cart will take 5-6 people.
* Transport from Delhi and back in the luxury Kunzum Travel Truck:Rs. 2,000 per person (subject to a minimum of 6 people). Children to be charged the same if they occupy a seat.
* Alcoholic beverages, additional bottled water / soft drinks, laundry, shopping and any other expenses of personal nature.
* Additional tea / coffee / snacks ordered in hotel.
FOR QUERIES, CALL A KUNZUM TRAVEL CURATOR
* Address: Kunzum Travel Café, T-49, HauzKhas Village, New Delhi 110016, India
* Mobile: +91.9650702777 / +91.9650701365 / +91.9650701387
* Landline: +91.11.498 44444
* Email: email@example.com
* Web: http://kunzum.com
* Availability: 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. daily
You can block a seat by paying an advance of at least Rs. 10,000 as follows with the balance to be paid before trip starts.
* Cheque favouring ‘Kunzum’
* Online: https://goo.gl/7hsasd
* Bank transfer (request for account information)
* Cancellation: Refund of 50% to be given if cancelled at least 45 days before departure date. No refunds will be possible otherwise but you are free to transfer your booking to anyone else.