Let’s go to Jordan
Float in the Dead Sea. Snorkel in the Red Sea. Explore the lost city of Petra. Camp in the Wadi Rum desert. Go atop Mount Nebo where Moses was granted a view of the promised land he could never enter. Explore the famed monuments of Amman.
All this and more awaits in Jordan in a signature tour curated by Ajay Jain. From December 23 – 30, 2017.
OVERVIEW: 8 DAYS / 7 NIGHTS
History, adventure, wellness, food, people, landscapes, road drives, culture – all these await you on the Kunzum journey to Jordan. Your trip curators and guides will ensure you have a memorable holiday to be cherished for life. With quality accommodation and meals to give you the comforts you seek.
HIGHLIGHTS (SCROLL FOR DETAILED ITINERARY)
* Dead Sea
* The holy city of Madaba, Mount Nebo and Kerak Castle.
* Petra – one of the wonders of the world.
* Aqaba – Snorkel far into the Red Sea.
* Amman – the capital with its attractions like Jerash, the Citadel, amphitheatre
* Shop for authentic crafts and in both local and modern markets.
STAND-OUT FEATURES OF TRIP
* Trip leader – Ajay Jain: One of the foremost travel writers, Ajay Jain will be leading the trip personally if he is available – he has made two trips to Jordan himself to come up with the best itinerary possible. An equally competent trip leader will replace him if he cannot make it.
* Interact with locals including Bedouins: There will be ample opportunities to spend time with the tribes of Jordan especially at Wadi Rum and Petra. Go up close and see their habitats, crafts, foods, dressing, family life and more!!
* Sumptuous meals at local restaurants!! Eat like the locals – with them!!! Enough for vegetarians too.
* Shop for authentic crafts – away from tourist traps!! We believe in Responsible Tourism – this includes meeting and buying from traditional artisans without middlemen, away from tourist traps.
We will be staying in the following hotels or equivalent:
* Dead Sea: Dead Sea Spa Hotel
* Petra: Petra Panorama
* Wadi Rum: Sun City Camp
* Aqaba: Days Inn
* Amman: Imperial Palace
EARLY BIRD (TILL SEPTEMBER 30, 2017)
Club Kunzum Members: Rs. 1,30,000 + Air Tickets
Non Members: Rs. 1,35,000 + Air Tickets
REGULAR PRICE (AFTER SEPTEMBER 30, 2017)
Club Kunzum Members: Rs. 1,40,000 + Air Tickets
Non Members: Rs. 1,45,000 + Air Tickets
We plan to fly Kuwait Airways – it offers a suitable mix of schedules, price and quality. The sooner you book tickets, the better. Approximate prices as on August 24, 2017:
* Economy: Rs. 29,000
* Business: Rs. 47,000
All costs above are per person on a twin sharing basis. Single supplement is Rs. 20,000 per head.
NO DISCOUNTS PLEASE!!
Please don’t embarrass us by asking for discounts on the above pricing. We cannot curate a memorable experience by cutting on prices. What we promise is that you will discover a new way to travel with Kunzum – and would want to do so again and again.
* All activities listed above including entry charges.
* All transfers in deluxe AC coach throughout.
* Meet and assist upon arrival & departure.
* Meals: Breakfast x 7, lunch x 6 and dinner x 7.
* Accommodation for 7 Nights.
* Jeep Safari Tour for 2 hours in Wadi Rum.
* Professional English Speaking Guide throughout the tour.
* Visas (Please note that this applies to all those arriving in groups of 5 or more at the same time. Those arriving separately may have to pay the requisite fee for visa-on-arrival or at their local embassy / consulate.)
* Departure taxes.
* Two small bottles of water per person per day.
* Air tickets to and from Amman.
* Petra by Night: Additional USD 35
* Snorkeling cruise in Aqaba with lunch: Additional USD 40, weather permitting.
* Beverages with meals.
* Tips (Please budget for about USD 40 per head for tips to guide and driver – this will be collected from everyone. Not mandatory but recommended.)
* Laundry, shopping and personal expenses.
* Any other item not mentioned above.
* Visa if you are not travelling with group and reaching on a different date.
* Travel insurance (not mandatory, but recommended)
Kunzum Travel Café
T-49, Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi 110016, India
Mobile: +91.9650 702 777 / +91.11.49844444
Timings: 11:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.; Mondays Closed
PAYMENT & TERMS
* You can secure a spot with an advance payment of Rs. 50,000. Balance must be paid latest by November 30, 2017.
* We will not be able to offer any refunds for cancellations. However, you are free to nominate someone to take your place or even resell your booking.
* Pricing may be modified if there are significant USD exchange rate changes.
You can register by paying the requisite fee as follows:
* Cash (with PAN details for payments of Rs. 25,000)
* Cheque favouring ‘Kunzum’
* Online: https://goo.gl/7hsasd
* Bank transfer (request for account information)
DAY 1: DEAD SEA
Land in Amman and transfer to the Dead Sea – the lowest point on Earth. Float in the waters – yes, you cannot sink. And feel the natural spa features of the water, mud and the atmosphere. Overnight at the Dead Sea.
DAY 2: MADABA, MT. NEBO, KERAK CASTLE AND PETRA
Option to spend more time in the Dead Sea followed by an early breakfast. Head to Madaba, a city best known for the famous 6th century Mosaic map of Jerusalem and the Holy Land and for its spectacular Byzantine and Umayyad mosaics. And what a day it will be to be in Madaba – On Christmas Eve. Proceed to Mt. Nebo, a city mentioned in the Bible as the place where Moses was granted a view of the promised land that he would never enter. Stop at Kerak Castle, a Crusaders’ Castle built on a triangular plateau dating back to the 12th century.
Proceed to Petra – one of the wonders of the world. Overnight in Petra.
DAY 3: PETRA BY DAY… AND NIGHT!!
If there is a man-made wonder on this planet, it is the Nabataean city of Petra going back 2000 years – lost to the world before being rediscovered in 1812. The journey into Petra starts through the Siq, a very narrow gorge, about one kilometre in length, flanked on both sides by towering rock walls that reach a height of 70 metres. At the end of the Siq is the Treasury (the Khaznah) with its massive façade carved into the solid rock face – this is the defining image of Jordan made famous by the movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark. The rose-red city of Petra lies beyond, with its endless tombs and temples, its huge theatre and fascinating high places. Petra will keep you absorbed all day.
For those wishing to, they may opt to visit Petra by night too at an additional fee of USD 35. Overnight in Petra.
DAY 4: LITTLE PETRA – WADI RUM
There is the big Petra, and then there is the Little Petra. Spend some time in the morning there before proceeding to the Wadi Rum desert where the famous Lawrence of Arabia once lived and fought against the Turks. Marvel at the maze of monolithic rockscapes rising upto 1,750 metres from the desert floor – this was the setting of the recent Hollywood flick, The Martian. A 2-hour jeep safari will show you around. After enjoying the stunning sunsets, sit around a fire enjoying a Zarb Dinner – it is cooked lamb meat, chicken and vegetables with herbs buried in a big underground pit with hot coals beneath the desert sand. Overnight luxury camping in Wadi Rum under the starry skies.
DAY 5: AQABA
After breakfast, we head to Aqaba – a spectacular resort town on the Red Sea. We head for a cruise far into the waters for snorkeling and lunch on the boat if weather permits at an extra charge. Enjoy the rest of the day exploring the town and for some tax-free shopping. Overnight in Aqaba.
DAY 6: AMMAN
After a leisurely morning, we do a tour of Aqaba. Drive to capital Amman after that. You will get free time in town to explore its bazaars. Overnight in Amman.
DAY 7: AMMAN & JERASH
You will realize why Amman is a destination in itself. We will tour museums, the Citadel, the amphitheater, the souks and the modern part of town. We then proceed to Jerash, a wonder in its own right – it is ranked amongst ten great Roman cities of the Decapolis League. It boasts an unbroken chain of human occupation dating back more than 6,500 years; it lies on a plain surrounded by hilly wooded areas and fertile basins. Overnight in Amman.
DAY 8: DEPARTURE FROM JORDAN