If you have an eye for nature and wildlife, and can capture these beautifully ‘through your lens’, you could be in with a chance to WIN an all-expense paid trip to Singapore. Where you would get chance to compete with the best for a grand prize.
Wildlife Reserves Singapore Group (“WRS Group”) is hosting a photography contest in Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines. The contest invites aspiring and professional photographers to capture the connection between humans and nature ‘through their lens.’
The contest is split into two stages:
Round 1 – Local Competitions: Open to anyone above 18 years old who is currently a resident in India. Entries can be submitted between June 19 – July 2, 2017. Winners will be announced July 7, 2017.
Round 2- Regional Finals:Winners from each of the participating countries travel to Singapore from July 28 – 30, 2017 and visit the WRS Group’s parks. Flight tickets and accommodation over three days and two nights in Singapore will be paid for. They also get an all-access pass to WRS Group’s parks (Singapore Zoo, River Safari, Jurong Bird Park and Night Safari).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
*Round 1 (Local Competition): Share a captivating image showcasing local wildlife and nature at its best, as seen through your lens! Send your picture, which must be minimum 1MB, along with a brief description (max 250 words), your name, contact number and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each participant may submit a maximum of five entries. Submission deadline: 11:59 p.m. IST on July 2, 2017.
Two runners-up will receive WRS Group’s merchandise (Park tickets and merchandise worth SGD 100).
* Round 2 (Regional Competition) – For winners of Local Competition only: Capture memorable moments at the Singapore Zoo, River Safari, Jurong Bird Park and Night Safari through your lens, illustrating the positive connection between humans and wildlife. Albums submitted should include the five themes below:
– Animals up-close
– Park Icons (Ah Meng, Chawang, Canola and Sunny)
Details of the grand prize for the regional competition winner to follow soon!
Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality, theme adaptation and overall impact.
WRS Group will select one finalist per market who will win a trip to Singapore to visit the parks for the regional competition. The finalist will be notified of their status by July 7, 2017 and contacted by the organisers for preparation of travel.
The competition organising team will notify the winner via the contact information provided at the time of entry; WRS Group may disqualify anyone who fails to respond to the notification within five business days. Please do not contact us before July 7, 2017 about the status of judging. Only winners will be notified about the result.
The six local winners will be required to submit an album of pictures captured at the parks in Singapore for review by WRS Group, after which one image will be selected from each for public voting on Facebook. The grand prize winner will be revealed on August 23, 2017 following the public vote.
POINTS TO BE NOTED
* Local competition winners will receive flight tickets, 3D-2N accommodation, visa application (if needed), transportation to WRS Group’s parks and allowance of SGD150. No other expenses included.
* Following the trip to Singapore, finalists will need to compile their photographs and submit an album, with at least 25 to 50 images by August 6, 2017 to Kunzum via Dropbox. Include a summary (not more than 500 words) of the inspiration and creativity behind the album shared– including details associated with any of the sub-themes. WRS Group will select one winning photo from each of the finalists’ albums, which will then be posted on WRS Group’s Facebook page for public voting (to determine three shortlisted finalists) from August 8 – 16, 2017. Every vote counts, so be sure to tell your friends! WRS Group will select overall winner.
* WRS Group will announce the winner of the Though the Lens competition on August 23, 2017.
RULES: LOCAL COMPETITION
1. Participants must be at least 18 years old and resident in the following countries: Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines.
2. Participants must hold a current passport and be able to visit Singapore between July 28 – 30, 2017 to compete in the regional finals, if selected.
3. Participants must own a DSLR/professional camera.
4. Images should be between 1,280 and 2,000 pixels long on the longest side.
5. Files must be a maximum of 4MB.
6. Entries must be submitted as high quality JPG files.
7. File names should include your name and contact details.
8. Do not use any visible watermarks, copyright notices, or added identification on your images.
9. Photos should not be altered digitally. All enhancements shall be done on-camera (only in-camera editing is allowed).
10. Submitting the final edited digital file must accompanied by a raw or unedited jpeg file for metafile verification.
11. No Watermark or any names that will identify the photographer’s name or camera club.
12. Third-party images will be immediately disqualified.
13. By submitting an entry for the contest, the participant acknowledges and agrees to the competition Terms and Conditions as outlined below.
RULES: REGIONAL COMPETITION
To be shared later with local competition winners.
LINKS AND CONTACTS
Kunzum Travel Café,
T-49 (GF), HauzKhas Village,
New Delhi 110016, India
WRS Group’s FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/wrs.sg
For any enquiries, feel free to reach out to Kunzum
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The WRS Group’s Through the Lens Photo Contest (“Contest”) runs from June 19 to August 16, 2017.
2. By submitting an entry for the contest, the participant represents and warrants that:
a) he/she has read, understood and agreed to abide by all the prevailing terms and conditions of the Contest set out by WRS Group;
b) at the time of participation, he/she is at least 18 years of age and otherwise competent to enter into a legally binding contract in his/her country of residence;
c) he/she is the sole legal and beneficial owner of all intellectual property rights to any entry or work submitted by him/her for the Contest;
d) he/she agrees to indemnify WRS Group against all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, recoveries, judgment or execution resulting and or arising from any such entry or work submitted by him/her which is alleged to be infringing any proprietary rights of a third party;
e) he/she has not assigned or licensed any copyright or intellectual property right in his/her entry or work to any third party anywhere in the world;
f) he/she shall ensure that all entries or works submitted for the Contest do not contain any software viruses, worms or other programs designed to damage software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or are off-topic, partisan-political, contain advertising, nudity, personal attacks or expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libellous, obscene, false, sexually explicit, or that infringes on the rights of any third party or violate local and international laws and regulations;
g) he/she agrees to grant WRS Group the right to use all photograph(s) generated and or submitted as part of the Contest for purpose of WRS Group’s announcement, promotional, marketing or publicity, including but not limited to any media format, printing, copying, merchandising, advertising, publishing or resale of any nature without any fee being paid;
h) he/she agrees that WRS Group may collect, use and disclose his/her personal data, as provided in the Contest entry form for the purposes of administering the Contest including announcement of shortlisting or prize or contacting he/she in relation to the prize or Contest;
i) he/she hereby agree to unconditionally and irrevocably transfer and assign all rights, titles and interest (including copyright) in the entry or work submitted as part of the Contest to WRS Group without any fee being paid; and
j) he/she agrees to assume all risks in respect of loss, injury, damage or liability which may arise as a result of or in relation with his/her participation in the Contest or his/her submission of any entry or work.
3. WRS Group is not responsible for incomplete or misdirected entries, technical or network malfunctions or failures, or causes beyond WRS Group’s control. Participants are solely responsible for their entries.
4. WRS Group reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose entry or conduct appears in any way to: inhibit the enjoyment of others; tamper with the competition; violate these rules or other applicable law or regulation; infringe on the rights of third parties; or act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
5. WRS Group can determine winners’ eligibility at its sole discretion. WRS Group reserves the sole and absolute discretion to post the winners’ names and result on the WRS Group’s Facebook page.
6. In the event of a dispute regarding the winners, WRS Group’s decision shall be final and binding.
7. WRS Group reserves the right to request the winner of the Contest to provide proof of identity and age and or eligibility (if necessary) in order to claim a prize.
8. All prizes are non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferable and subject to other such terms and conditions which may be imposed by WRS Group. WRS Group also reserves the right to replace the prizes where appropriate.
9. WRS Group is not liable for any costs, damages, injuries, or other claims incurred as a result of participants’ participation in the contest or winner’s acceptance and usage of a prize.
10. To the extent permitted by law, WRS Group exclude all liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment (including without limitation indirect or consequential loss) suffered by any participant participating in the Contest or because of despatching, claiming or accepting any prize.
11. The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. WRS Group reserves the right to change, cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest in whole or part, at its sole discretion, or if it believes the Contest is not capable of being carried out smoothly or in the event of a force majeure event that could affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Contest.
12. WRS Group reserves the right to amend, change or revise these Terms and Conditions or any part thereof at any time without prior notice.