We all travel, and love to take pictures. In other words, we are all photographers. But not all of us are good at it.
Why not improve the quality of your photography and make for memories to cherish for life? You could be a hobbyist, a serious amateur or aspiring to be a professional – the Certification in Travel Photography is just the one you need.
In fact, skilled photographers are in high demand by the travel industry. They are being wooed by travel companies, hotels, airlines, tourism boards, cruises and other service providers to shoot for them. They get sponsored trips, and are even paid for their services. If you yourself boast a popular blog or strong social media following, brands could pay you for the publicity.
Would you like to be one such influential travel photographer yourself? Ajay Jain, one of the world’s leading photographers, will show you how over three months.
READ ON FOR THE COURSE OUTLINE AND HOW TO SIGN UP. For a full brochure, please write to email@example.com or call +91.9650702777.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Anyone can be a travel photographer. You can do this full time, or part time while you pursue a parallel career. You can do it for the money, or just for the joy of being able to travel. And you can start at any age – from your teens right up to your post retirement years. Your education and experience are no barriers either. As long as you have a flair to be creative, and are willing to back it with research and hard work, you can make a go of it.
DOES ONE HAVE TO BE FULL TIME PHOTOGRAPHER FOR THIS?
No, there are many photographers globally who pursue their passion part time. They could be holding a day job, be studying somewhere and have other occupations. In fact, it usually works best to start part time till you build a steady income stream.
WHICH CAMERA DO YOU NEED?
We will train you to be able to take great pictures with your DSLR, compact cameras and even phone cameras.
LOCATION, DATES & DURATION
* Location: Lectures will be held at Kunzum Travel Café, Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi – 110016. Internships and practical work will be in the field.
* Timings:Schedules will be announced from time to time to suit attendees and faculty.
* Duration:Three months including internships and project work.
* Dates:We will start when we have a minimum group of 10. There will be rolling admissions – please check dates of the upcoming batch. We expect the first batch to start April 15, 2017.
* Rs. 60,000/- + 15% Service Tax (or GST as applicable) for the 3-month course.
* Inclusions: Lectures, course handouts, certificate.
* Exclusions: Computer, cameras, travel (for experience, networking, internships etc.), any other incidentals. Please note that you will not be obliged any significant amounts under these heads and they are entirely your choice.
* Remuneration from Internships: When you go for internships, you may keep the remuneration (if any) offered by companies.
PLACEMENT / CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
* Jobs: While no institute in the world can guarantee a suitable jobs, we can assure with a high degree of confidence that all those graduating with high merit will find attractive placements in companies of repute.
* Internships: The course will have a strong element of internships – but these are dependent on your skills, merit, willingness to learn and dedication.
* Entrepreneurship:Photographers usually thrive when they are independent – and they need to think like entrepreneurs when they are. With the right skills and marketing savvy, you can build an enterprise around your profession.
Kunzum Travel Cafe
T-49 (GF) Hauz Khas Village
New Delhi – 110 016, India
* Overview: Kinds of travel photography including Street, Portraits, Landscapes, Events, Wildlife etc.
* Know your equipment incl. cameras, lenses, flash units, tripods, storage and other accessories
* Basic Settings incl. Shooting Modes (Auto, Program, Manual, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority)
* Aperture and Shutter Speed: The most important settings for any photography. Get these two right and much of your photography will be sorted
* Practical Shoot
* Depth of Field and ISO
* Understanding Light
* Exposure, White Balance and Metering
* Practical Shoot
* Composition: This is the most important element of photography; it is the art behind the technology. This is a topic that can be discussed and learnt endlessly; even the top photographers are constantly trying to improve their Composition for better photography.
* Methods of Focusing including Focusing Points
* File Formats: JPEG & RAW; File Sizes and Concept of Megapixels
* Shooting in Low Light
* Practical: Field Shoot
* Post-processing using Photoshop / Lightroom.
THE TEACHING METHODOLOGY WILL INCLUDE:
* Classroom lectures
* Practical assignments
* Project / Dissertation
* Interaction with industry leaders
* Attend networking events like trade shows, conferences etc.
ASSESSMENT & GRADING
As mentors, it is our responsibility to bring out the best in you. You will be in the hands of the finest mentors out there – but they will also push you to learn and deliver outstanding results.
There will be no exams but you will be graded for everything you do including, but not limited to, weekly assignments, reports, trips, stories, internships etc. You will get a rating based on your overall score. Do not expect any leniency or grace marks – but our mentors will be at hand to guide you every step of the way.
The courses are curated and conducted under the mentorship of the following – with more industry leaders expected to guide students.
* Ajay Jain: India’s best known travel writer and photographer. He has authored over 50 books (electronic and print) and is the founder of brand Kunzum.
* Sanjay Nigam: Director of the NDTV Media Institute, Dr. Nigam’s media experience spans 20 years. He has worked in DD, TVI, AajTak and NDTV in different capacities – launching channels, developing and producing programmes and mentoring people.
* ArunPaule Verma: Artist, photographer and creative director with ad agencies in India and overseas.