Have you every jumped into a water pool in the hills created by Nature? Have you checked into a lodge where a stream flows alongside – and in some ways also flows through your room? Have you woken up to the sight of snow-capped peaks? Add mountain hikes, fireplaces, bonfires, stargazing and forest picnics and we are talking a perfect getaway. It is called Soulitude.
True to its name, you can enjoy the Himalayas in solitude – and feel a certain stirring in your soul that may have gone dormant in the hustle and bustle of existence. Perched on a mountainside off the highway leading to Mukteshwar, the landscape from Soulitude dips into valleys below before rising to offer panoramic views of snow clad mountain peaks above. You can actually hear silence all around, accentuated by lack of televisions in the rooms.
TWO PROPERTIES CLOSE BY
And good things come in pairs. They have two properties not too far from each other. ‘Soulitude in the Himalayas’ overlooks snow-capped peaks while ‘Soulitude by the Riverside’ is built along streams, mini waterfalls and natural pools tucked away from prying eyes. Check in for a refresh.
* Itinerary Reference: Kunzum Route K501
* Best time to go: Every season comes with its own attractions. Summers are for cooling off. Monsoons can be a delightful time when the landscape becomes lush green and water bodies fill up. Spring and autumn are crisp and cozy with sunny days and cold evenings. If you want to see snow, winters are the time to go.
* Suggested duration: At least two nights – but four are ideal. It is recommended you spend two nights each in the two properties.
* Who is it suited for: All age groups.
* Meals: Cooks prepare home-cooked meals that are tasty yet feel healthy and light. You will need to place orders in advance. When out for excursions, you can order from local eateries. There is an option to get picnic snacks and lunches packed.
* Accommodation overview: Each room is a work of art and aesthetic – no two rooms are the same. Well furnished, they are equipped to make you comfortable in all seasons. Lounge areas, terraces and balconies allow you to soak in the environment over coffee and drinks. Sit by a fireside on cold evenings – this is not something you will find easily now.
* Transportation: When in the mountains, it is always a good idea to have a car to yourself if you want to drive to attractions around. You can always hire cabs but they may not always be available and take away a lot of flexibility. You can get to Soulitude by road, or take a train to Kathgodam and order a cab to pick you from there.
Kunzum partners with RARE India to curate exceptional experiences at their collection of hotels, lodges and camps.
SUGGESTED ITINERARY / ACTIVITIES
When you are at Soulitude, you can choose to do nothing and just be with yourself. And then there is more:
* Go on a hike: There are multiple trails – on road and off road – leading away from Soulitude. Take your pick and visit the Ramgarh market, or go down to old bungalows maintained by Neemrana Hotels. Push yourself and go up to the Devi Mandir (temple) – reward awaits in the form of 360 degree views of the Himalayas. A hike through forests and fields gets you to some old and broken stone structures at Tagore Top; Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore is said to have spent time here for his writings. And wherever you go, you can be sure to spot exotic and beautiful birds. Short hikes take you along and over streams to a water pool created by Nature – picnic and sleep on the rocks around, or even jump in if you are the adventurous kinds (at your own risk though!!)
* Drive around: You are not too far from many other attractions and towns like Kasauni, Ranikhet, Nainital, Bhimtal, Binsar, Mukteshwar, Pangot etc. Ideal for a half or full day trip.
* Birding: The region is well known for birds. While you will see many around Soulitude itself, you may want to drive across to Pangot and Binsar where many more await in the forests.
* Stargazing: If you are into astronomy, you are at an ideal spot to explore the universe above. Of course, even if you don’t know much about stars, the night skies are something you will not see in cites any more.
* Make a fire: When it gets cold, build a bonfire – and sit in the open late into the night chatting over drinks and snacks.
COMBINE ITINERARY WITH
You can make Souitude the base to explore towns around or combine with an itinerary to include Corbett National Park, Kasauni, Ranikhet, Nainital, Bhimtal, Binsar, Mukteshwar, Pangot, Sonapani etc.
MAKE A BOOKING
Soulitude only takes bookings for at least two nights at one of their properties. Standard package includes:
* Breakfast and one major meal (lunch or dinner)
* Hikes to Devi Mandir and water pool.
The following are extra – although these can be included in package if booked well in advance:
* Train / bus / cab charges to Soulitude.
* Local transport between the two properties of Soulitude and to other locations around.
* Meals not covered in package.
* More than two people sharing the room.
* Picnic in the forest – feasible only for big group size as it entails moving a lot of stuff and setting up the same.
FOR RATES / BOOKINGS PLEASE CONTACT US AT +91.9650702777 / email@example.com. ALL RESERVATIONS WILL BE MADE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY AT THE TIME OF MAKING ADVANCE PAYMENT.