A bit of history, a bit of adventure and a bit of luxury – all put together can make for a great weekend. In Gwalior and Orchha in Madhya Pradesh.
Check into Usha Kiran Palace by Taj Hotel, literally a living heritage amongst hotels in India. Explore the impressive – and historically important – Gwalior Fort and other palaces and monuments of the city. This is followed by a drive to Orchha, the temple town on the pristine Betwa River. It’s exquisite temples from stunning silhouettes at sunset with the river in the foreground. And we all go rafting on the Betwa.
Hop aboard the Kunzum Travel Truck on the Independence Day long weekend for a memorable journey. Book fast as everything sells out very fast or prices go up rapidly on such dates.
ESSENTIAL TRIP INFORMATION
* Dates: August 12 – 15, 2017. We leave New Delhi at 6:00 a.m. on day one and return around 10:00 p.m. on the last day. [These dates don’t suit you? Call us to organize a private tour on a date of your choosing.]
* Accommodation: At the high quality heritage property Usha Kiran Palace by Taj Hotel in Gwalior. We stay at Amar Mahal in Orchha; the town has modest but clean accommodation at best.
* Travel: In the Kunzum Travel Truck, a 12-seater luxury van.
DRIVE / RIDE ALONG IN YOUR OWN CAR OR BIKE: Want to be a part of the trip but prefer to come in your own vehicle? Sure, no problem. Ask for rates for the same.
ACTIVITIES / ITINERARY
* DAY 1: Leave for Gwalior at 6:00 a.m. from New Delhi. Check in at Usha Kiran Palace in time for lunch followed by a siesta. Tour of Gwalior Fort and other attractions late afternoon. Dinner at Deo Bagh.
* DAY 2: Spend more time exploring Gwalior before and / or after breakfast. Head to Orchha late morning – find lunch in dhabas (roadside eateries) on the way. Check into hotel followed by guided tour of Orchha. Enjoy sunset views of the temples. Dinner in hotel.
* DAY 3: Head out rafting on the Betwa River (subject to water levels being high enough). Free time in the day to explore on your own. Options include visit to Jer Village to get a glimpse of rural life in the region and cycling / walking in the surrounding forests. Sound and Light Show in the evening. Dinner at hotel.
* DAY 4: Leisurely breakfast at hotel and free time. Leave for Delhi to reach late evening.
DOWNLOAD FREE e-GUIDES TO KNOW MORE
To know more about the above destinations, visit the following links and download relevant e-guides for FREE: https://kunzum.dpdcart.com
All costs below include transport to and from Delhi in the Kunzum Travel Truck, accommodation on twin sharing basis, breakfast x 3, lunch x 1, dinner x 3(other meals to be paid for by guests directly), taxes and local activities mentioned above. Cost does not include alcoholic beverages, laundry, shopping and any other expenses of personal nature.
* Regular Price: Rs. 23,999
* Club Kunzum Member Rate: Rs. 22,999
* Early Bird Rate – Book and Pay Full Amount by July 10, 2017: Rs. 22,999
* Group Rate – Sign up as 3 or More: Rs. 21,999
* Available on request: Rates for children, triple sharing, single supplements etc.
FOR QUERIES, CALL A KUNZUM TRAVEL CURATOR
* Address: Kunzum Travel Café, T-49, HauzKhas Village, New Delhi 110016, India
* Mobile: +91.9650702777 / +91.9650701387 / +91.9650701365
* Landline: +91.11.26564475 / +91.11.26564476
* Email: email@example.com
* Web: http://kunzum.com
* Availability: 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. daily
You can block a seat by paying an advance of at least Rs. 12,000 as follows with the balance to be paid before trip starts
* Cheque favouring ‘Kunzum’
* Online: https://goo.gl/7hsasd
* Bank transfer (request for account information)
* Trip will happen if we get a minimum of three bookings.
* Guests will travel in a 12-seater van or a 5-seater Innova (or equivalent) depending on number of bookings received.
* Cancellation: Refund of 50% to be given if cancelled at least 30 days before departure date. No refunds will be possible otherwise but you are free to transfer your booking to anyone else.
* If hotels mentioned above are changed, we will go for options that are equivalent in quality, experience and rating.