Bharatpur is a delight to go to anytime for its birds, forest cover and water bodies. More so during the monsoons when the park comes alive after a hot summer. With madding tourist crowds away, the resident birds feel free to be out in the open to the delight of those present. Hop aboard the Kunzum Travel Truck for a weekend in Bharatpur.
ESSENTIAL TRIP INFORMATION
* Dates: August 19 – 20, 2017. We leave New Delhi at 6:00 a.m. on day one and return around 9:00 p.m. on the last day. [These dates don’t suit you? Call us to organize a private tour on a date of your choosing.]
* Accommodation: The Birder’s Inn, Bharatpur
* Travel: In the Kunzum Travel Truck, a 12-seater luxury van. The distance of about 200kms from Delhi will be covered in about four hours.
DRIVE / RIDE ALONG IN YOUR OWN CAR OR BIKE: Want to be a part of the trip but prefer to come in your own vehicle? Sure, no problem. Ask for rates for the same.
ACTIVITIES / ITINERARY
* Day One: Check into hotel followed by lunch. Chat with naturalists who will tell you about the park and its birds. Head out late afternoon for a bird safari. Back to lodge for a shower and dinner.
* Day Two: Sunrise visit to the park for bird watching. Back for shower, breakfast, siesta and lunch. Load your bags in the Kunzum Travel Truck and head out late afternoon to park to meet the birds again. Drive back to Delhi direct from the park.
* Activities include safaris by foot and using cycle rickshaws, bicycles and boat. Depending on weather and water levels, some activities may not be possible.
EXPECTED SIGHTINGS ON YOUR LUCKY DAY
* Birds: Siberian Cranes, Pelicans, Cranes, Ibis, Spoonbills, Egrets, Darters, Cormorants, Grey Herons, Stork, Ducks, Eagles, Hawks, Pipits, Warblers, Wheatears, Wagtails, Flycatchers, Buntings, Larks, Shanks, and Stints
* Wild Animals: Jungle Cat, Leopard Cat and Fishing Cat, Sambar, Chital, Blackbuck, Nilgai, Wild boar, Rock Pythons, Frogs, Toads, Water Snakes, Snails, Leeches, Turtles, and Tortoises
All costs below include transport to and from Delhi in the Kunzum Travel Truck, accommodation on twin sharing basis, all meals at the property, taxes and three park safaris (including guides, one boat ride, one cycle rickshaw ride and park entrance) mentioned above. Cost does not include alcoholic beverages, laundry, shopping and any other expenses of personal nature.
* Regular Price: Rs. 11,999
* Club Kunzum Member Rate: Rs. 10,999
* Early Bird Rate – Book and Pay Full Amount by July 15, 2017: Rs. 10,999
* Group Rate – Sign up as 3 or More: Rs. 9,999
* Available on request: Rates for children, triple sharing, single supplements etc.
FOR QUERIES, CALL A KUNZUM TRAVEL CURATOR
* Address: Kunzum Travel Café, T-49, HauzKhas Village, New Delhi 110016, India
* Mobile: +91.9650702777 / +91.9650701387 / +91.9650701365
* Landline: +91.11.26564475 / +91.11.26564476
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Web: http://kunzum.com
* Availability: 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. daily
You can block a seat by paying an advance of at least Rs. 6,000 as follows with the balance to be paid before trip starts
* Cheque favouring ‘Kunzum’
* Online: https://goo.gl/7hsasd
* Bank transfer (request for account information)
* Trip will happen if we get a minimum of three bookings.
* Guests will travel in a 12-seater van or a 5-seater Innova (or equivalent) depending on number of bookings received.
* Cancellation: Refund of 50% to be given if cancelled at least 30 days before departure date. No refunds will be possible otherwise but you are free to transfer your booking to anyone else.
* If hotels mentioned above are changed, we will go for options that are equivalent in quality, experience and rating.