Himachal Pradesh goes red with ripe apples in August – and there is no better place to be at than Thanedar. After all, this is where apples were first grown in India. We will pluck apples, try our hand at chutneys and juices, and hit the nature trail.
ESSENTIAL TRIP INFORMATION
* Dates: August 25 – 27, 2017. We leave New Delhi at 6:00 a.m. on day one and return around 10:00 p.m. on the last day. [These dates don’t suit you? Call us to organize a private tour on a date of your choosing.]
* Accommodation: Banjara Orchard Retreat, Thanedar
* Travel: In the Kunzum Travel Truck, a 12-seater luxury van. The distance of 440 kms from Delhi will be covered in about 10 hours.
DRIVE / RIDE ALONG IN YOUR OWN CAR OR BIKE: Want to be a part of the trip but prefer to come in your own vehicle? Sure, no problem. Ask for rates for the same.
* Apple plucking with locals farmers – bite into crunchy apples, and also attempt to make chutneys and juices.
* Tani – Jubbar Lake: This is a tiny little lake is famous for the adjoining ‘Nag Devta’ temple The lake is 6 kms from the retreat.
* Hatu Peak: 15 kms away, at 11,000 ft, this peak offers a panoramic view of the snowline. You could drive or hike up to it.
* St. Mary’s Church: Built in 1843, this church at Kotgarh is one of the oldest churches in India.
* Saroga Forest: Ideal for a refreshing early morning walk.
* Chats over bonfire: Your host, Mr. Prakash Thakur, will regale you with stories, anecdotes and history of apples and of the destination.
All costs below include transport to and from Delhi in the Kunzum Travel Truck, accommodation on twin sharing basis, all meals at the property, taxes and local activities mentioned above. Cost does not include alcoholic beverages, laundry, shopping and any other expenses of personal nature.
* Regular Price: Rs. 18,999
* Club Kunzum Member Rate: Rs. 17,999
* Early Bird Rate – Book and Pay Full Amount by July 15, 2017: Rs. 17,999
* Group Rate – Sign up as 3 or More: Rs. 16,999
* UPGRADE to a log cabin by paying Rs. 2,000 extra per person
* Available on request: Rates for children, triple sharing, single supplements etc.
FOR QUERIES, CALL A KUNZUM TRAVEL CURATOR
* Address: Kunzum Travel Café, T-49, HauzKhas Village, New Delhi 110016, India
* Mobile: +91.9650702777 / +91.9650701387 / +91.9650701365
* Landline: +91.11.26564475 / +91.11.26564476
* Email: email@example.com
* Web: http://kunzum.com
* Availability: 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. daily
You can block a seat by paying an advance of at least Rs. 10,000 as follows with the balance to be paid before trip starts
* Cheque favouring ‘Kunzum’
* Online: https://goo.gl/7hsasd
* Bank transfer (request for account information)
* Trip will happen if we get a minimum of three bookings.
* Guests will travel in a 12-seater van or a 5-seater Innova (or equivalent) depending on number of bookings received.
* Cancellation: Refund of 50% to be given if cancelled at least 30 days before departure date. No refunds will be possible otherwise but you are free to transfer your booking to anyone else.