Travel the World for Free
How to be a successful travel blogger / social media influencer and get paid to travel
A Signature Course over 4 weeks by Ajay Jain
Travel bloggers are a busy lot today. They are being wooed by travel companies, hotels, airlines, tourism boards, cruises and other service providers to write about them. Their trips get sponsored, and enable them to even make money.
Would you like to be one such influential travel blogger yourself? Ajay Jain, one of the world’s leading travel media influencers, will show you how in a full day workshop.
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
Anyone can be a travel writer. You can do this full time, or part time while you pursue a parallel career. You can do it for the money, or just for the joy of being able to travel. And you can start at any age – from your teens right up to your post retirement years. Your education and experience are no barriers either. As long as you have a flair to express yourself, and are willing to back it with research and hard work, you can make a go of it.
DOES ONE HAVE TO BE FULL TIME BLOGGER FOR THIS?
No, there are many bloggers globally who pursue their passion part time. They could be holding a day job, be studying somewhere and have other occupations. In fact, it usually works best to start blogging part time till you build good readership and revenues.
* FOR DETAILED STRUCTURE OF THE MODULES, SCROLL TO THE END *
Travel content needs good photographs – and even videos. We strongly recommend you sign up for Kunzum’s travel photography and filmmaking courses if you find yourself lacking in these skills. Special rates are available when you sign up for blogging as well as photography / filmmaking courses.
* MODULE 1: Saturday, August 13, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* MODULE 2: Sunday, August 14, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* MODULE 3: Saturday August 27, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* MODULE 4: Sunday, August 28, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* Single Module: Rs. 3,000
* All 4 Modules: Rs. 9,500
DISCOUNTED COST: For Students under 25 / Groups of 3 or more / Club Kunzum members / Friends of Kunzum / Kunzum Red Passport holders / Former attendees of blogging workshops
* Single Module: Rs. 2,500
* All 4 Modules: Rs. 8,000
Service tax @15% will be extra. Cost does not include any meals.
Kunzum Travel Cafe, T-49 Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi 110016
Tel: +91.9650702777 / +91.11.26513949
WHAT DO PARTICIPANTS GET
* A great learning environment.
* A pictorial travel book by Ajay Jain.
* A certificate for those attending all 4 modules.
* Successful bloggers will be offered opportunities to interact with the tourism boards, travel companies, hotels and airlines in the future at Kunzum.
* Invitations in the future to walks, talks, interactions, trips and workshops.
WHAT YOU NEED TO CARRY
A notepad and pen.
HOW TO REGISTER
You can register by paying the requisite fee as follows:
* Cheque favouring ‘Kunzum’
* Online: https://goo.gl/7hsasd
Payments can be sent to:
Kunzum Travel Café
T-49, Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi 110016
Mobile: +91.9650 702 777 / +91.11.2651 3949
Timings: 11:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.; Mondays Closed
We can also get the payment collected if you stay / work at a convenient location in Delhi.
* Shubhra Krishan, Editor – Travel Secrets Magazine and Author of many books.
* Ajay Jain – Travel Blogger, Author, Photographer and Founder of Kunzum
MODULE 1: The craft of writing
* Rules for content
* What is good writing
* How to adopt different styles and formats for effective storytelling. (This module cannot teach you how to improve your basic written language skills – we will talk about the structure of various kinds of articles.)
MODULE 2: Technical aspects of blogging
* How to book your domain (like kunzum.com)
* Choice of platform: WordPress recommended
* Create a self hosting account
* Setting up the blog
* Choosing a suitable template
* Tweaking template
* Subscriber forms
Note: For those signing up for the technical module, it is recommended that you buy a domain and set up a self hosting account before the workshop. Our mentors will guide you through it. We can then help you set up your blog real time after that during the workshop.
MODULE 3: The basics
* The perks of being a travel blogger
* Opportunities and challenges for travel bloggers
* The definition of a blogger
* Definition of a blog / platforms to be used
* Skills / traits needed to be a good blogger
* Formulating a plan – Answer the Ws
* The Mindful Traveller
* Blogger kit
* Planning your travels
* Research and content creation
* Formats for content
* Frequency of posts
* Value of collaborations / outsourcing
* Ethics and best practices
MODULE 4: Marketing and monetizing your blog
* Have your own voice
* Content is King
* Social media promotions
* Free and paid advertising
* Public Relations
* Engagement with readers
* Building linkages with travel industry, tourism boards, brands and sponsors
* Value proposition for sponsors
* Sources of direct and indirect income
* Multi-purposing your content for newspapers, magazines and books (printed and electronic).
* Build a publishing empire