Travel the World for Free: Good photographers get to travel the world, and even get paid for it. Kunzum will show you how.
Travel Photography Workshop – The Basics: Saturday, November 28, 2015 – Kunzum Travel Café, New Delhi
Learn on a SONY Camera: We have a set of Sony Cameras (with both changeable and fixed lenses) that can be used by our participants to learn photography at no extra cost. Since we have limited pieces, these will be booked on a first-come-first-served basis.
If you are a good photographer and can shoot different kinds of subjects, you could well be travelling the world. For free, or even getting paid to do so.
Photographers are needed for all forms of travel content – blogs, magazines, newspapers, websites, stock photo agencies, brochures and more. Subjects can include portraits, streets, events, landscapes, wildlife and food. Good travel photography is not rocket science – get your basic technicalities right, have a good sense of the art of photography and be willing to work hard to have it working out for you.
Would you like to be an influential travel photographer yourself? Ajay Jain, one of the world’s leading travel photographers, has curated a special workshop for you on the basics of photography.
THEORY + PRACTICAL: At Kunzum, we believe in the importance of Practical work – all our Theory lessons are backed with field shoots to enable participants develop a better understanding of what they have learnt in class.
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
Anyone can be a travel photographer. You can do this full time, or part time while you pursue a parallel career. You can do it for the money, or just for the joy of being able to travel. And you can start at any age – from your teens right up to your post retirement years. Your education and experience are no barriers either.
The course is suited for photographers of all levels and ages. You can shoot with any camera – DSLR, Point-and-Shoot or even phone cameras.
DOES ONE HAVE TO BE FULL TIME PHOTOGRAPHER FOR THIS?
No, there are many photographers globally who pursue their passion part time. They could be holding a day job, be studying somewhere and have other occupations. In fact, it usually works best to start blogging part time till you build good readership and revenues.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED IN THE WORKSHOP
* Know your equipment including different kinds of cameras, lenses, flash units, tripods, storage and other accessories.
* Learn about basic settings and Shooting Modes (Auto, Program, Manual, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority).
* Understanding Light.
* File Formats: JPEG & RAW; File Sizes and Concept of Megapixels
* Aperture, Shutter Speed, Depth of Field and ISO: These are the foundation of what photography is all about. If you understand these, much of your photography is taken care of.
This will be followed by a field shoot.
WHAT THE WORKSHOP WILL NOT COVER
This workshop covers only the essentials of photography. What this workshop will not cover are:
* Advanced techniques of photography including
– Understanding Light.
– Exposure, White Balance and Metering.
– Methods of Focusing.
– Shooting in Low Light.
* Composition: The Art of Photography
* Travel Filmmaking / Videography
The above are standalone workshops and you can join these when scheduled by Kunzum.
WHAT DO PARTICIPANTS GET
* A great learning environment.
* A pictorial travel book by Ajay Jain.
* A copy of Travel Secrets magazine.
* A certificate.
* Successful photographers will be offered opportunities to interact with bloggers, magazines, newspapers, other media, tourism boards, travel companies, hotels and airlines in the future at Kunzum.
* Invitations in the future to walks, talks, interactions, trips and workshops.
Saturday, November 28, 2015
11:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Kunzum Travel Cafe, T-49, GF, Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi 110016, India
Sign up in groups of 3 or more: Rs. 2,500 per person
Club Kunzum Members: Rs. 2,500
Students under 25: Rs. 2,000 ( Against valid College / School ID; Under 25 years of age )
WHAT YOU NEED TO CARRY
A notepad and pen.
HOW TO REGISTER
You can register by paying the requisite fee as follows:
* Cheque favouring ‘TCP Media Pvt. Ltd.’
* Online by Credit / Debit Card: Click here to pay
Payments can be sent to:
Kunzum Travel Café
T-49, Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi 110016
Mobile: +91.9650 702 777 / +91.11.2651 3949
Timings: 11:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.; Mondays Closed
We can also get the payment collected if you stay / work at a convenient location in Delhi.