Abbott Mount is a pretty hamlet located in the eastern part of Kumaon hills near Lohaghat, in the Champawat district of the northern state of Uttarakhand, India. Abbott Mount is known for its beautiful cottages, and Abbott Mount Cottage is one of them. An old heritage lodge, it has four rooms with en-suite facilities and a fully equipped kitchen that offers a chance for the lodger to cook; of course, there is always a chef at hand to prepare the meals. The cottage offers a comfortable space for a traveller in search for solace. The area offers a great space for birding, treks, nature walks and fishing.
*** The following is taken from the official website ***
Champawat: 35 km
Pithoragarh: 50 km
Lohaghat: 9 km
Almora: 120 km
Jageshwar: 87 km
How To Reach: To get to Abbott Mount, one can take any of the following options:
* Drive from Nainital via Dhanachuli & Devidhura: 6 hours
* Drive from Ranikhet via Almora: 6 hours
* From Delhi to Kathgodam and the drive via Bhimtal, Dhanachuli & Devidhura: 6 hours.
* From Delhi to Ramnagar and the drive via Nainital, Dhanachuli & Devidhura: 8 hours.
* Drive from Delhi via Moradabad, Rampur, Rudrapur, Khatima, Tanakpur and Lohaghat; Tanakpur to Lohaghat is a 90-km hill drive.
* Upon reaching Lohaghat drive towards Pithoragarh for 6 km & arrive at Marorakhan. Turn towards Abbott Mount, drive 1½ km and take a sharp ‘U’ turn and drive another ½ km to the lodge. This is the first lodge where the road ends.
Best Time to Visit
Situated in the mountains, Abbott Mount can be visited anytime. Summers are cool, winters get quite cold and it may snow. The best months are October, November, December, March, April, May and June.
92C, Namberdar Estate
New Delhi – 110065