Tiger Tops in Nepal was long regarded as the gold standard for jungle lodges in the Indian subcontinent till political troubles took over the country. When former team members at Tiger Tops set up a lodge themselves, you can certainly expect some of the shine to show there too. It does so at Forsyth’s, but it goes beyond being a me-too – it has managed to create its own identity.
[Want regular updates from Kunzum? Click here to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.]
* Rooms: Very well designed, with an eco-friendly look. Furnishing are of high quality. Housekeeping ensures you get a clean feel to the room. Sit-outs facing the tall grasses are ideal for spending hours with a book and to reflect.
* The grasslands: I was lucky to be at Forsyth’s on a full moon night. And what do I see? A big orange ball rising from the grass level, eventually going all the way up high in the sky. Need one say more about the setting? When it is day, just walk around within the property to spot exotic birds including the Hornbills, butterflies, insects and some mammals who come to the watering holes. These grasslands set you in the mood for game safaris.
* Food: Simple, wholesome, home cooked meals are just what you need. You cannot plan on jungle safaris if you are stuffed with greasy and rich meals. The chefs are well trained, and will happily cater to any requests from guests.
* The safaris: Just like Tiger Tops, Forsyth’s strength lies in its team of naturalists – both experienced in the wild and armed with formal training. One of them, David, even has an aquarium of Dragonflies in his room as a part of a research and book project. Every pug mark, every pattern in the mud made by insects, every sound emanating from the forests – your naturalists will enlighten you about the same and more.
* Service: Staff is well trained and serve you with a smile. And are always at hand should you need anything.
* Liked Best: The quality of naturalists and the experience of the wild you have with them.
Forsyth’s Lodge 14/1
Village Bijakhori Tehsil, Sohagpur District
Madhya Pradesh, India
Tel: +91.93026 25334
Something more for you to consider:
And do join us for a coffee at the Kunzum Travel Cafe in Hauz Khas Village in New Delhi, India.