Shoja is a lesser known wonder of Himachal Pradesh near Kullu. Hidden away from the world, it offers landscapes and tranquility rare to find anywhere. Join us and go exploring the nature trails – even as you click awesome photos. During the season of apples and rains. Read on for more about the trip.
[Want regular updates from Kunzum? Click here to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.]
Dates: Aug 3 – 6 / Sep 6 – 9 (3 Nights / 4 Days)
Route: Delhi – Aut (near Kullu) – Shoja and back.
Driving Time / Distance: 12 Hours / 600 kms approx. one way from Delhi
Drive format: A self drive holiday where guests travel in their own vehicles. Our tour leader will accompany you. If you need to hire a vehicle, we can help you with that.
What kind of a vehicle is required: Any car is suitable for this terrain.
Traveller Kit: All participants will be provided:
- A route guide.
- Hamper during drive to include soft beverages, mineral water, and munchies.
- Emergency puncture kit including air pump, jack and puncture kit.
Day 1: Depart Delhi 6:00 a.m.; Reach Shoja around 6:00 p.m.
Day 2: Day hikes to Waterfall, Jalori Pass and Serolsar Lake with photo opportunities. Evening interaction over bonfire and drinks.
Day 3: Day hike to Raghupur Fort with photo opportunities. Film screenings in evening.
Day 4: Drive back to Delhi. Guests may choose to extend the trip and come back on their own.
Club Kunzum Members: Rs. 8,500 per person on a twin sharing basis.
Non Members: Rs. 9,500 per person on a twin sharing basis
Children under 5 (no extra bed): Complimentary
Children between 5-12: Rs. 1,200 per child per night extra
Anyone over 12 sharing room: Rs. 2,000 per person per night extra
- Accommodation at the fantastic Banjara Retreat.
- All taxes.
- All meals at the retreat.
- Packed meals for hikes.
- A Travel Photographic Workshop in Delhi worth Rs. 2,000.
- Nature Walks and other activities.
- Cost of car and fuel.
- Does not include meals during the Delhi – Shoja – Delhi drive.
- Does not include beverages, alcohol and mineral water (purified water will be provided at hotel).
- Personal expenses, laundry, gratuity, tips.
Payment and Cancellation
- Payment may be made by cash / cheque favouring ‘TCP Media Pvt. Ltd.’ payable at Delhi.
- 100% advance required at time of booking.
- Confirmation subject to availability at time of payment.
- Cancellation charges: 50% of total amount if cancelled at least 14 days before departure date. No refund if cancelled less than 14 days before departure.
- Rain can be expected on some days in August.
- Days will be pleasant but nights can get cold.
What to Carry
- Cotton clothes for day
- Light woollens
- Shoes suitable for day hikes (trekking shoes not necessary, sturdy sports shoes are good). An extra pair might help if these get wet.
- Rain gear
- Hat and sunglasses
- Rucksack to carry water etc.
- Camera with adequate memory and battery charger
- Plastic bags / other protection for cameras etc.
- Review of Banjara Retreat: http://kunzum.com/2009/05/16/review-banjara-camp-sojha-shoja-near-kullu/
- Feature on Shoja: http://kunzum.com/2011/11/05/kunzum-travel-list-6-shoja-go-lose-yourself/
FOR MORE DETAILS AND BOOKING
Something more for you to consider:
And do join us for a coffee at the Kunzum Travel Cafe in Hauz Khas Village in New Delhi, India.