I checked into Banasura Island Retreat in Wayanad in Kerala in the afternoon, least prepared for what awaited. Having driven most day under a blazing sun, I settled into my cottage only to have a wonderland unfold before me.
Located on a hill overlooking the Banasura reservoir, a water body created by a dam closed by, the view from my balcony was a sight to behold. The lake was dotted with islands (that go under water during monsoons) with hills rising up from its perimeter. And then the clouds started rolling in from a distance all the way into the balcony – bringing light showers with them. I sat, mesmerized, my tiredness all gone. So this is what they mean by Kerala being God’s own country? If this is the reception I got on my first state in the day, wonder what awaited in the weeks ahead?
A question popped into my head: Why don’t the owners stay here itself rather than in the nearby town of Mananthavady? There is enough land for them to build a mansion here. Anyhow, they know better.
A bit more about the property:
* Service: Excellent. From the owners and managers down to the support staff, everyone is friendly and always alert to take care of any needs. They are well informed, and guide you well about what you can do while in Wayanad.
* Rooms: Cottages of different sizes are aesthetically designed – suited to groups of all sizes. The rooms are clean, with fresh linen and comfortable mattresses and easy chairs. Bathrooms have modern fittings, allowing you to have a good showers.
* Location: As described above, the setting does not get better. Just the place to lose yourself in. With such views around, and forest trails around, you can only ask for the moon beyond this.
* Liked Best: The location and the comfortable cottages.
* Food Quality: The kitchen serves clean, wholesome meals prepared like at home. Cuisines cover both local dishes as well as any you may want to order in advance.
When at Banasura Island Retreat, you have the best of all the worlds. Go, leave the world behind and spend some time here.
For bookings and tariffs contact:
Tel: +91.4936.277120; +91.94473 83503; +91.94471 33531
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
This video is available on Youtube as well.
Ajay Jain is currently on the Great Arabian Sea Drive, starting from Delhi and following the coastline all the way from Gujarat down to Kerala and Tamil Nadu. Follow all updates on:
* Kunzum.com (All posts from the trip can be read here) – Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
* Twitter – @ajayjain and @kunzum. Follow us.
* Facebook – Join our Fan Page