Welcome to Kunzum Routes! This is a series of time / distance charts between popular travel destinations covering just two points, or recommended circuits. Each of these will be marked by a unique number for easy reference in the future. Given below is Kunzum Route K105 between Bhuj, in the Greater Rann of Kutch area in Gujarat and the Gir National Park, also in Gujarat.
* Bhuj – Junction: Go straight to Bhachau: 77 Kms ( 48 Miles), 1:10 hrs – Left turn will take you to Rapar and Dholavira
* Junction: Go straight to Bhachau – Bhachau: 5 Kms ( 3 Miles), 0:07 hrs – Turn Left towards Ahmedabad (324) & Rajkot (150). Right turn takes you to Kandla (47)
* Bhachau – Toll Booth: 16 Kms ( 10 Miles), 0:12 hrs – Paid Rs. 45. Turn 2 kms after this for Rajkot.
* Toll Booth – Vestas Windmill Farms: 22 Kms ( 14 Miles), 0:17 hrs
* Vestas Windmill Farms – Turn Right for Rajkot: 47 Kms ( 29 Miles), 0:29 hrs – Go Right for Rajkot (97) & Jamnagar; Straight for Morbi (6) Ahmedabad (243), Gandhinagar (269) and Vadodara (323). Be careful, don’t miss this turn.
* Turn Right for Rajkot – Toll Booth: 4 Kms ( 3 Miles), 0:05 hrs – Paid Rs. 5
* Toll Booth – Tankara: 26 Kms ( 16 Miles), 0:32 hrs – Straight to Rajkot (42). Right for Latipur (26), Dhrol (43) & Jamnagar (80)
* Tankara – Dairy: 32 Kms ( 20 Miles), 0:26 hrs – Break at this dairy for delicious Indian sweets and ice creams
* Dairy – Rajkot Bypass, head to Gondal: 7 Kms ( 4 Miles), 0:06 hrs – A busy flyover and intersection 5 kms before Rajkot town. Distances from here: Ahmedabad – 220; Jamnagar – 91
* Rajkot Bypass, head to Gondal – Right turn for Junagadh: 4 Kms ( 3 Miles), 0:10 hrs – Distances marked from here:Porbandar – 184; Dwarka – 236; Somnath – 200
* Right turn for Junagadh – Rajkot: 10 Kms ( 6 Miles), 0:09 hrs – Crossing through another part of Rajkot
* Rajkot – Toll Booth: 18 Kms ( 11 Miles), 0:15 hrs – Paid Rs. 25. Suddenly traffic coming from all sides, even density gone up
* Toll Booth – Gondal: 12 Kms ( 8 Miles), 0:09 hrs
* Gondal – Virpur: 20 Kms ( 13 Miles), 0:14 hrs
* Virpur – Toll Booth: 6 Kms ( 4 Miles), 0:06 hrs – Paid Rs. 25
* Toll Booth – Juntion: Turn Left for Junagadh: 7 Kms ( 4 Miles), 0:04 hrs – Straight to Porbandar (115). This junction is at a place called Navagadh.
* Juntion: Turn Left for Junagadh – Jetpur: 2 Kms ( 1 Miles), 0:07 hrs – Somnath marked 125 km from here
* Jetpur – Junagadh: 32 Kms ( 20 Miles), 0:45 hrs
* Junagadh – Khadia: 16 Kms ( 10 Miles), 0:35 hrs – Turn Right from here
* Khadia – Mendarada: 19 Kms ( 12 Miles), 0:19 hrs
* Mendarada – Sasan Gir Park Gates: 18 Kms ( 11 Miles), 0:26 hrs
* Sasan Gir Park Gates – Gir Birding Lodge run by Asian Adventures: 10 Kms ( 6 Miles), 0:13 hrs – Most hotels and safari points are concentrated around here.
Total Driving Time from Bhuj to Gir: 6:56 Hours
Total Distance from Bhuj to Gir: 410 Kms (256 Miles)
* This route last updated in March 2011.
* The times / distances mentioned do not cover stops. In other words, you are only reading actual driving times above except where mentioned.
* The actual distance readings can vary in different cars. Treat these as approximations only.
* Time taken can vary with traffic and time of the day – always a good idea to leave early morning to beat at least some of the rush.
* One rule when driving in India: Keep asking for directions even when you know you are going correctly. With highways constantly being upgraded, you may be directed to some more efficient routes including bypassing towns, or being told about new roads. And locals always know when a road or a bridge has gone under, and may suggest alternate routes.
* The best people to ask for directions are drivers of taxis, buses and trucks. They ply the roads all the time.
* Milestones give distances to centres of town – and the above may not necessarily be measured from / to point. They could be a few miles off the centre.
* SH: State Highway; NH: National Highway
* Distances given in Kms unless otherwise mentioned.
* Divide all distances mentioned in kms by 1.6 to convert to miles.
* Keep toll receipts safe. At some places you are asked to show the earlier one and not charged again.
* Unless mentioned, you will get fuel within 50 – 70 miles. Always a good idea to always have enough fuel for at least 100 – 150 kms.
* Spellings of locations mentioned can vary. And sometimes two places can be spelt the same or similar too.
* Distances marked and mentioned above may not be correct – highway agencies make mistakes commonly.
* We are only trying to help here – don’t sue us if you end up at the wrong place!
* Route charted may not be the most efficient – it may have been chosen to make for a better driving experience or any other reason.
* For any clarification, contact us at email@example.com or +91.9910044476 / +91.9650702777. Happy driving!
And do join us for a coffee at the Kunzum Travel Cafe in Hauz Khas Village in New Delhi, India.