Welcome to Kunzum Routes! This is a series of time / distance charts between popular travel destinations covering just two points, or recommended circuits. Each of these will be marked by a unique number for easy reference in the future. Given below is Kunzum Route K102 between Udaipur in Rajasthan and Dasada, Little Rann of Kutch, Gujarat via Patan and the Modhera Sun Temple.
* Udaipur – Chetak Circle – Badgaon: 5 Kms ( 3 Miles), 0:11 hrs – An important junction in Udaipur. Distances marked from here: Mt. Abu – 180; Jaipur via Ajmer – 418; Jodhpur – 265; Ranakpur – 90
* Badgaon – Abu Highway: 10 Kms ( 6 Miles), 0:14 hrs
* Abu Highway – Toll Booth: 21 Kms ( 13 Miles), 0:13 hrs – Paid Rs. 50
* Toll Booth – Toll Booth: 56 Kms ( 35 Miles), 0:32 hrs – Paid Rs. 45. Distances marked from here: Palanpur – 109, Sirohi – 34
* Toll Booth – Swarupganj: 29 Kms ( 18 Miles), 0:16 hrs
* Swarupganj – Toll Booth: 5 Kms ( 3 Miles), 0:03 hrs – Paid Rs. 35
* Toll Booth – Turn Right to Mt. Abu: 16 Kms ( 10 Miles), 0:20 hrs – Do not turn for Mt. Abu (marked 28 km from here); Go Straight
* Turn Right to Mt. Abu – Abu Road: 15 Kms ( 9 Miles), 0:08 hrs
* Abu Road – Gujarat Border Checkpost: 12 Kms ( 8 Miles), 0:06 hrs
* Gujarat Border Checkpost – Amirgarh: 5 Kms ( 3 Miles), 0:04 hrs
* Amirgarh – Toll Booth: 28 Kms ( 18 Miles), 0:14 hrs – Paid Rs. 35
* Toll Booth – Palanpur: 2 kms before town: 7 Kms ( 4 Miles), 0:12 hrs – Take road marked to Siddhapur from here, not to Disa
* Palanpur: 2 kms before town – Siddhapur: 33 Kms ( 21 Miles), 0:35 hrs – You are on State Highways and roads mostly smooth with low traffic density even if they are two lane
* Siddhapur – Turn Right for Patan: 4 Kms ( 3 Miles), 0:04 hrs
* Turn Right for Patan – Patan: 25 Kms ( 16 Miles), 0:19 hrs
* Patan – Chanasma: 14 Kms ( 9 Miles), 0:16 hrs
* Chanasma – Turn Right to Modhera after Railway Crossing: 2 Kms ( 1 Miles), 0:04 hrs
* Turn Right to Modhera after Railway Crossing – Modhera Sun Temple: 16 Kms ( 10 Miles), 0:11 hrs
* Modhera Sun Temple – Junction: Straight to Bechraji: 11 Kms ( 7 Miles), 0:11 hrs – Do not turn Left for Mahesana from here
* Junction: Straight to Bechraji – Bechraji: 4 Kms ( 3 Miles), 0:05 hrs
* Bechraji – Turn Right for Dasada: 4 Kms ( 3 Miles), 0:05 hrs – Do not miss this turn – there is no sign here
* Turn Right for Dasada – Dasada (Little Rann of Kutch): 30 Kms ( 19 Miles), 0:26 hrs – You reach the village. The Little Rann of Kutch is just a few miles away. The resort Rann Riders was 1.5 kms away from the village
Total Driving Time from Udaipur – Dasada: 4:49 Hrs
Total Distance from Udaipur – Dasada: 352 Kms (220 Miles)
* This route last updated in March 2011.
* The times / distances mentioned do not cover stops. In other words, you are only reading actual driving times above except where mentioned.
* The actual distance readings can vary in different cars. Treat these as approximations only.
* Time taken can vary with traffic and time of the day – always a good idea to leave early morning to beat at least some of the rush.
* One rule when driving in India: Keep asking for directions even when you know you are going correctly. With highways constantly being upgraded, you may be directed to some more efficient routes including bypassing towns, or being told about new roads. And locals always know when a road or a bridge has gone under, and may suggest alternate routes.
* The best people to ask for directions are drivers of taxis, buses and trucks. They ply the roads all the time.
* Milestones give distances to centres of town – and the above may not necessarily be measured from / to point. They could be a few miles off the centre.
* SH: State Highway; NH: National Highway
* Distances given in Kms unless otherwise mentioned.
* Divide all distances mentioned in kms by 1.6 to convert to miles.
* Keep toll receipts safe. At some places you are asked to show the earlier one and not charged again.
* Unless mentioned, you will get fuel within 50 – 70 miles. Always a good idea to always have enough fuel for at least 100 – 150 kms.
* Spellings of locations mentioned can vary. And sometimes two places can be spelt the same or similar too.
* Distances marked and mentioned above may not be correct – highway agencies make mistakes commonly.
* We are only trying to help here – don’t sue us if you end up at the wrong place!
* Route charted may not be the most efficient – it may have been chosen to make for a better driving experience or any other reason.
* For any clarification, contact us at email@example.com or +91.9910044476 / +91.9650702777. Happy driving!
And do join us for a coffee at the Kunzum Travel Cafe in Hauz Khas Village in New Delhi, India.