This is the only ‘quality’ hotel located in Mahendranagar, located near the Indian border. Unless you have a business interest or need a night halt, you usually visit this town to go to the Shuklaphanta Wildlife Reserve.
The hotel is basic in every aspect but cleaner and more comfortable than you would expect in this town.
* Service: Was fine. The staff does make an effort to make you comfortable though.
* Rooms: Very basic but with running water in the bathrooms.
* Location: Just off the East-West Mahendra Highway running across Nepal.
Just 15 minutes from the Indian border.
* Amenities: Have a restaurant that serves meals all day.
* Liked Best: Its location.
* Liked Least: Could have been better furnished but was not expecting that anyway.
*Food Quality: Quite decent. Not much variety though – like in most of Nepal, you mostly get local dishes. Anything else on the menu is usually made badly.
Suite, NRS 3000 (US$ 49.00)
A/C Deluxe Room, NRS 1500 (US$ 30.00)
Deluxe Room, NRS 1000 (US$20.00)
Budget Room, NRS 800 (US$14.00)
1 INR = 1.6 Nepali Rupees (NRS)
And do join us for a coffee at the Kunzum Travel Cafe in Hauz Khas Village in New Delhi, India.