Castle Bera is one the best kept secrets in the country. And one really wonders why? It is an ancestral property run by Thakur Baljeet Singh (popularly known as Winkoo Singh, and a descendant of former Maharana Pratap, one of the state’s most valiant kings) – he sure treats you like a king, and personally takes you on wildlife safaris like he takes his other royal friends. Click here to read about Bera.
* Service: Excellent. The host personally looks into everything himself. His staff too are efficient, with service to their ‘Masters’ a part of their DNA. The property is a part of the Mahindra Homestays chain, and Winkoo Singh takes the tag very seriously – you feel at home with all the attendant luxuries.
* Rooms: Each room is designed differently, with varying sizes. Most have balconies overlooking well maintained lawns. Everything is very clean, the linen is well laundered, the beds are comfortable, you can lounge on the sofas and unwind under hot and cold showers.
* Location: A little away from the main highways, but that adds to the charm of the place – away from the noise and the hustle and bustle. It is also shepherd country, with people living and dressing as they have for generations. Of course, nothing is immune from modern progress, but there is still an old world charm to this place.
* Amenities: The host takes you on wildlife safaris to spot leopards, hyenas, antelopes, crocodiles, bears, foxes and other animals and birds twice a day. It is forest country – and not a reserve, with sightings of many of these species almost guaranteed.
* Liked Best: The property is charming, very well maintained, and the people extremely hospitable and polite. And the host knows the forests like the back of his hand – he grew up here, even hunting animals before it was banned.
* Food Quality: Food is home cooked, is tasty, clean and wholesome. And it is elaborate – each meal spoils you for a choice of dishes to choose from. And they can cook almost anything you ask for.
Tariff: Rs. 9,750 per night for a couple including meals and safaris.
For Reservations contact:
Telephone Reservation Assistance (Open from Monday through Saturday from 09:00 – 17:00 GMT)
Local call from UK: 02031408422
Local call from Germany: 030590024818
Local call from USA: 2136735320
Local call from within India: 1800 425 2737
Others: 1800 425 2737
And do join us for a coffee at the Kunzum Travel Cafe in Hauz Khas Village in New Delhi, India.