UPDATE ON MARCH 16, 2010: Only 5 seats left. Grab them fast. 25 already confirmed.
CANON WILD CLICKS (Corbett National Park, April 2-4, 2010)
Are you interested in nature and wildlife photography? Have you sent entries to a photography contest and kept wondering why your photograph was not shortlisted? Do you always wonder what was missing in your photograph while entering a contest?
Canon in association with Nature Wanderers and Kunzum.com announces the launch of Canon Wild Clicks – India’s first LIVE photography contest in Corbett National Park (April 2-4, 2010) that aims to give a platform to amateur and hobbyist photographers to showcase their skills and mettle in a unique competition that will ensure an equal level play field for all participants.
With a cap on equipments being used, participants will be put in identical situations and shooting conditions in a defined time frame thus putting all participants on an equal platform. The winners will be chosen on the spot and will be rewarded instantaneously!
The contest will be judged by leading wildlife film-maker, photographer and conservationist – Mike Pandey who would also be having an interactive session with participants in Delhi.
The event is also supported by Earth Matters Foundation which is India’s leading NGO dedicated to environment and wildlife conservation under the guidance of Mike Pandey.
Mike Pandey – India’s ace environmentalist and film-maker – to have an interactive session with participants on wildlife photography and tiger conservation before their departure to Corbett National Park
April 2, 2010
Spend the entire day with the Canon team and your dream Canon equipments. Get a chance to interact with ace wildlife photographers and learn more about Canon equipments. Use some of the high-end Canon bodies and lenses to shoot your favourite subjects in the majestic wilderness of Corbett Tiger Reserve.
Session by Kahini Ghosh Mehta, Ace Naturalist, Corbett TR, on understanding of Corbett and its topography
April 3, 2010
- Opening session of Canon Wild Clicks – Allotment of themes
- An early morning safari in the Sitabani Zone of Corbett Tiger Reserve (the only part of the forest that can be trekked on foot) – An excellent location for bird photography and shooting macros & abstracts
- An evening safari in Bijrani Zone of Corbett National Park – An apt location for sightings of tigers, elephants and other mammals like the cheetal, sambhar deer, barking deer and home to hundreds of bird species. The grasslands and picturesque landscaping of Bijrani offers a great setting for shooting landscapes as well.
- Participants to edit and submit entries along with a write up that tells the story behind the picture by 8:00 PM in the evening
- Entries will be uploaded by the Nature Wanderers team on the Canon Wild Clicks Community on Facebook and sent to Mike Pandey
April 4, 2010
- Announcement of winners in the presence of local and national media in Corbett National Park
- Prize Distribution Ceremony – Prizes over INR 100,000/- to be given!
Winning photographs to be showcased at Canon Image Lounge and the Kunzum Art Gallery and to be published in leading publications.
## Accommodation will be provide in a luxury camp in Corbett National Park on a twin sharing basis for 2 nights / 3 days. Cost inclusive of:
– Stay, breakfast, lunch and dinner
– Safari and other related costs
Cost does not include:
– Transportation from Delhi (NW Team will organise for cabs from Delhi for which the participants can share the costs
Please note that the rates mentioned are only for participants who are Indian residents. Non-Indians can contact NW separately for pricing queries.
CANON WILD CLICKS EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS
Participants may use a digital point & shoot / DSLR Camera with a
o Maximum of 15X zoom
o Maximum of 15 megapixel
Lens specifications for DSLRs:
o A maximum of 300mm
o Use of tele-converters is not allowed
Participants may carry their tripods, monopods, bean bags etc.
Canon will provide demo equipments in the form of bodies and lenses (that meet the equipments criterion for the contest) to participants who wish to use a DSLR and do not possess it.
PRIZES BY INFINITY RESORTS
Winner get a 3N4D stay at Infinity resorts Corbett
Theme winners (5)
They get a 2N3D stay at Infinity Resorts Bandhavgarh and Infinity Resorts Rann of Kutch
Registration Charges & Procedure
Registrations close on March 15, 2010
Kahini Ghosh Mehta
9873914780 / 9871384780
Wildlife and nature photographs on www.flickr.com/photos/shivangmehta