The Almond Villa in Srinagar in Kashmir is literally a jewel in the crown. Or the crown itself for Mahindra Homestays.
On paper, it is a bed and breakfast or a homestay. But nothing you are told prepares you for what you actually see. It is located on the Boulevard Road overlooking the Dal Lake. It is in the middle of an orchard. As far as the eye can see, you only see lush green mountains with only a few structures scattered in between. After all, it belongs to the erstwhile royal family of Kashmir, who still own and run it. And the few buildings you see (none very close) are all heritage ones too, including some hotels at the extreme end of luxury.
* Service: You are made to feel special. Actually, just being within these environs is feeling at the top.
* Rooms: As expected, done with the finest of furnishings. Very clean, and giving you a retro feel with modern day comforts.
* Location: Does not get better, away from the hustle and bustle of town. And yet just a few miles from all major tourist attractions and markets. The Dal Lake is just outside its gates, and you can go for a ride there and then.
* Amenities: Very nice sitting areas both indoor and outdoor. Cable TV in common room (if you care for it).
* Liked Best: The heritage feel with all comforts, and the lawns and orchards and the views around.
* Liked Least: There is nothing to not like about the property.
* Food Quality: Excellent, home cooked meals.
Contact the property directly at firstname.lastname@example.org / +91.9971924583 and for a SPECIAL OFFER for Kunzum Fans.
Address: Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Limited
Mahindra Towers, 2nd Floor, 17/18 Patullos Road,
Chennai – 600 002.
E-mail ID: email@example.com
Please contact directly for the same.
Click on any of the images for a larger view